Digital Design and Animation Syllabus and Classroom Expectations
Class Policies for the Art Lab in F-122:
- Be polite, productive, positive, and punctual
- Demonstrate respect for your classmates, the computers, other artists, your teacher, and all living and non-living things
- Eat food outside of the classroom and drink only water from a container with a screw top lid.
- Do your own work unless you are working on a group project
- Utilize your opportunity to learn new skills, techniques, information or resources everyday
- Follow Internet safety guidelines
- Use the computers for classwork only. The computer lab is not for shopping, personal email, chat, streaming media (audio and video), social networking, or attending to other personal business not associated to this class.
- Put your phones/media players away unless directed by your teacher to use them for a specific class-related purpose.
Grades and Attendance:
- You can achieve what ever grade you desire to earn. Read and follow the rubrics and turn your work in to earn a grade.
- You do need to attend class in order to accomplish projects from this course.
- The student is responsible for using the PowerSchool system to monitor your grade and attendance records.
- Correct attendance errors within 24 hours at the main office. (Do not wait until the eve of academic catch-up day deadlines to resolve attendance questions.)
- If you miss class for extra curricular activities or other excused absences you are responsible for making up the missed class time outside of class.
Assignments and Late Work:
- All students are provided with adequate time to complete every assignment.
- Students will be notified when projects will be graded.
- Late assignments will be lowered by one letter grade.
- The student is responsible for submitting their work before the grading deadline
- If a student's work is not submitted at the time of grading the grade will be left blank for 5 days.
- After five days blank grades will become an "F"
- If you wish to receive a higher grade than an "F" the student must submit the assignment and send an email to glacierhighart [ at ] gmail.com. The subject line should include "Your Name: Late Work: Assignment Name" In the body of the email write the title of your projects you need graded. Make sure you submit the proper file type, proper size, resolution, and place your files into the appropriate Dropbox Folder. An explanation or reason why your work is late may be considered.